Saturday, January 19, 2008

Funny how things go...

This post will be vague. Very vague.

So many times I get off track and I start thinking in terms of things that I WANT. Well okay the one thing I'm specifically talking about is the kind of guy I want be with eventually. I always find myself making a list of the things and it's funny because I'm pretty sure the Lord will provide a guy who is the exact opposite. But last night I was talking to an unnamed person and we both kind of had revelations about my list. Well first of all, here's my list:
-smart but not so smart he makes me feel dumb
-be really into music
-have a creative tooth
-christian... active in his faith
-be supportive of me wanting to go to Uganda for missions
-have a heart to help people
-good head on his shoulders
-not manipulative
-trustworthy... which, I know I'll trust him when I meet him

Many of my "wantings" come from my dad. My dad is one of my best friends and has really helped shape my life. We pretty much share the same loves... and he got me into all of them and have supported me in them: music, photography, technology, history... I mean, he's the one who originally bought me a keyboard in high school and completely supported me in putting stuff together with it.

Though while talking to this girl about my list, it came up that my list happened to describe this guy we both know. But that would be so freaking weird if anything EVER happened there so I know it won't... and at the same time I don't think I would want something to happen because of the type of relationship we already have.

I guess it's just weird how others interpret things... I mean I completely think my dad is the most awesome guy ever and no guy will ever be what he is, but hopefully the guy I end up with will have many of the same qualities.

Do I know the guy yet? No, I don't believe I do yet. I don't know when I'll meet him either... but I'm pretty sure when I meet him, I'll know.

No comments: