Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Scars to show...


So hold your head up high and know it's not the end of the road
Walk down this beaten path before you pack your things and head home
At the end of the road you'll find what you've been longing for

I know 'cause my feet have the scars to show
I was lost with vague direction and no place to call home

It's time for you to press on
This is not your war
Set your sights to North and press on
This is not your escape
Wash way what they thought of you
Because in this place, we're all as good as dead
...end cycle...

Behind the mask you'll find yourself alone
It's not the end of road for you


Underoath has always had a special place in my heart. They always seem to be able to relate things to what's going on in my life. I think though that this song has really kept me going the past few days. A lot has happened just internally about like how I view life in general. I know that I always have this changing world view and I sometimes wish it wouldn't be changing. People seem to always dissapoint me. There's something about them that I just don't get: like the feeling of walking into a classroom of strangers and getting the rudest looks from them. like how someone could just completely disregard somebody elses feelings. like how people have no shame in condemning others before looking at their own wrong doings.

I think that's what the problem with our world is... we all have problems and we're so eager to point them out to eachother. What's so wrong with sitting and evaluating ourselves for once. I wish I could sit everyone I know down and have them evaluate everything wrong in their life. Not like emotionally, but like all the flaws they have. Instead of for once putting others down, why can't we build eachother up? Is it so hard?

I don't think so.

No comments: